Last weekend I spent a night out at my parents house. My father was recovering from day surgery and didn’t have much of an appetite, so my step-mother and I enjoyed dinner for two. We bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, and she made a broccoli salad. Dinner was quick and easy, delicious and perfect for an hot day.
I decided to make a version of the same salad, this time incorporating the chicken into the salad. I cut everything up and brought it to work to assemble a portion each day for lunch.
Broccoli Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1 large stalk of broccoli, diced (use the stem too!)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- handful grape or cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 c cooked chicken, diced
- 2 Tbsp seeds (sunflower, pumpkin or whatever you like)
- creamy dressing of your choice (I like Jalapeno Ranch)
- Assemble all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add desired amount of dressing.
- Dig in!