When I first opened my Pinterest account years ago, one of the very first recipes I pinned was for Dabbles and Babbles Marinated Feta. The combination of flavours is one of my favourites – plus it’s so pretty!
I’ve wanted to make this recipe since discovering it, and finally did recently when I celebrated my birthday with family. I like that it’s make-ahead, takes almost no effort and is impressive to both look at – and eat!
- Feta cut into 1″ cubes
- Olive Oil (enough to fill up the container)
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thick
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 Sundried Tomato Slices
- Pinch of Chili Pepper Flakes
- Approach assembly as you would a lasagna, where you start at the bottom and work your way up until you have 3 layers. Begin by covering the bottom of the jar with 1/3 of the Feta.
- Add 1/3 of the other ingredients, being sure to evenly distribute them throughout the gaps in the cheese. You’ll want to be able to see these ingredients from the outside of the jar.
- Fill jar with olive oil until the feta is covered.
- Repeat steps 1-3.
- Add lemon juice.
- Repeat steps 1-3 one last time.
- Cover, and gently roll the jar to mix the ingredients around.
Because olive oil tends to go cloudy when cold, it’s best to remove this from the fridge an hour before serving. Serve with a small fork or spoon, or toothpicks.
Save the leftover now-deliciously-flavoured olive oil for salad dressings!