I recently shared my favourite steak marinade, so it only makes sense that I also share this easy recipe too.
I once heard someone say that bell peppers are “nature’s candy”, and this recipe makes me agree. When served grilled, peppers take on an intense sweetness that pairs well with the saltiness of feta cheese and freshness of basil. It’s a winning combination for me!
Grilled Pepper Salad
- 3 peppers (i use a combination of red, orange and yellow.. but any will do)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (honey works just as well)
- 1/4 c crumbled feta (Cow. In my world there is no other kind)
- 1/4 c fresh basil leaves, cut in thin slivers (Chiffonade)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar (or honey, if using), and salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a slow thin stream, whisk in the olive oil. Continue to whisk until the dressing thickens.
- Quarter the peppers, and remove all seeds and any membrane.
- Grill the peppers on a preheated medium high grill. cook about 5 minutes on each side with the lid closed until you start to see blackened charred spots.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (i find a wide plate works best for this, rather than a bowl).
- Once you’re ready to serve, layer peppers on serving plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and basil Chiffonade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
The dressing can be made a few days ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Simply whisk again before using.
I told you it was easy!
Now wait until you taste it.. deliciousness!