Yep, that’s right.
Pizza. In the form of a hot, bubbly and oh-so-delicious (although very non-waist friendly) dip.
I’ve made this several times over the past few years, and it has always received rave reviews.
The best thing about this recipe is that the options for toppings are endless. Imagine your favourite pizza, and go from there. For mine, I use..
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 c shredded cheese (i used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar), divided
- 1 c grated parmesan, divided
- 1 c pizza sauce (store bought is fine)
- 1 long pepperoni stick, sliced into coins
- 2 Tbsp bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Top with half of the shredded mozzarella and half of the parmesan. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cheeses, and then top with the remaining shredded and Parmesan cheeses. Cover with pepperoni coins, chopped bell pepper and sliced shallots.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Serve with toasted baguette slices.