I’m a fan of incorporating different (and unexpected) foods into the same dish, and this is a perfect example. Cheesy, comforting and not nearly as messy as a plate of tacos – this dish was a hit in our house and I’m sure we’ll have it again sometime soon.
Cheesy Taco Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles or cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 c of your favourite salsa
- 2 15-oz tubs of ricotta
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 c shredded mexican cheese
- garnish suggestions: sliced green onion, diced or sliced jalapenos, diced fresh tomatoes, diced bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef. Season with taco seasoning and cook, crumbling up with a wooden spoon or heat resistant silicone spatula, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13″ baking dish, spoon a layer of salsa over bottom to cover. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, sour cream, and egg and season with salt. Spread ricotta mixture over noodles and top with a layer of ground beef and cheese.
- Repeat layers until baking dish is full, making sure to end with cheese.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake until bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then garnish as desired.