Also known as the perfect cure for one-too-many drinks the night before pasta. You know, in case you ever find yourself in such a predicament.
It’s a lazy pyjama day for me. The boyfriend is at work. I have lots of productive things I
could should be doing but I’m uninspired to do any of them. After about an hour of perusing recipes on Pinterest, I realised I’d not yet eaten and I was famished. Eat a leather shoe kind of starving.
I went to the kitchen and quickly realised that there wasn’t anything I could easily shove down my throat, so I decided to throw some things together and hope for the best. The end result was a tasty flavourful dish that took almost no time and used almost no energy. Quick and easy peasy comfort food. Yes please!
- 1 serving pasta, cooked per package instructions
- 1 glug olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- handful of small tomatoes, halved
- 2 large spoonfuls green-olive tapenade
- small handful fresh basil, thinly sliced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water, per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat olive oil and butter until butter is melted. Add tomatoes and green-olive tapenade. Stir and heat through until tomatoes have started to soften. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to the frying pan. Lightly toss to coat pasta.
- Plate and top with sliced basil, freshly grated Parmesan and more freshly ground black pepper. Now dig in and enjoy!