Come January I’m usually craving healthier foods to counter balance all the heavy rich foods and alcoholic beverages I’ve enjoyed over the holidays. I came across this recipe for sesame kale a few months ago and have been meaning to try it out. I really enjoyed it but the boyfriend.. not so much. He’s not a fan of kale to start, so I don’t take his opinion as a true slight against the dish. Next time I make it, though, I think I’ll add a pinch of red pepper flakes for added kick.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 bunches kale (stems removed, washed and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat oils over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped kale and saute for 4 minutes. Sprinkle water over kale if it sticks to the pan.
- Add soy sauce and sesame seeds, stir to incorporate well.
- Allow to cool before serving.